My project count exploded yesterday. I cut out a pair of shorts from the same pattern that I used for my playsuit shorts last year but in more serviceable brown twill. I cut out three linen Regency bodice linings because it was probably easier to cut three while the linen was out than to get it out again later. I started knitting a vest. So now I have seven projects that are in some state of completion.
The exciting thing is that I'm halfway through the knitting for my shamrock purse!
The center section is running about 30 rows to the inch so I've got about 55 more rows to go before I get back to the much faster-moving and more interesting beading. At least I can read a novel while working this part, even if I wouldn't dare read something serious.
My 1916 dress is progressing. It got some nasty looks for a bit because the chiffon ended up being too opaque to work well with my inspiration image so I'm reworking it a bit. The skirt is making good progress. Currently it's hanging, letting the bias drop. I'll get back to it later this week. I'm not sure how far I'll get since I am having bodice fitting issues that I'll have to resolve. Ah, well.
With the mitts finished, of course I needed another mindless knitting project. The vest is from 1912 pattern book published by Lion Brand yarn.
I suspect the model is not wearing the size given - somehow she looks a lot more buxom than a 34"-36" bust. This is interesting because the back is in single ribbing up to the armscyes, which should ensure that the vest keeps a close fit. We'll see how it goes. I've wanted one of these knitted vests ever since I saw a picture of one from a DAR museum exhibit. (I've linked to it before, but I don't want to go and find it right now.)