Yes, this is another "week in review" post.
Now that I've decided to finish kids' Hallowe'en costumes before getting back to my stuff, I feel that I've begun to make good progress. The little witch dress is finished except for hemming the sleeves and skirt and binding the armscyes due to a complaint about prickly organza seam allowances. The fairy costume is nearly complete - I just need to put elastic in the waist of the skirt and some trim on the "vest," if I can find something suitable. Then I'll be tackling the witch hat, which hasn't even been started except for cutting out the fabric.
I'm halfway through the waist on the first piece of the 1937 cami-knickers. They progress a little slowly, but they do progress.
Finally, cross-stitching: the top left quadrant is finished as is the lady. Now it's just a whole lot of green and a little blue left to finish the background. I remember this part from when I did it before - I got really tired of the green after awhile. This time I've been careful to work on the green off and on all through so there won't be quite such a big space that's 90% one color.
Our English country dance group demonstrated at the Wilderness Trail Festival downtown on Saturday. We danced at 11:30. It started to rain at 11:25. It didn't rain too hard, but it was enough to make the stage slick and soak my dress six inches up on the walk home. I wore my 1750's print sacque
from the curtain-along last year. It was as much fun to wear as ever. The blue silk ribbons on my cap bled in the rain, but it washed out so no harm done.
It was the first wearing of my new stockings, and they were great. Even though my feet were wet, they didn't feel bad. I love wool.
We took a couple of pictures after we danced, but I didn't get any so I can't post any.