Mar. 3rd, 2017

atherleisure: (reader)
I altered the mock-up of my 1830's bonnet by modifying the brim. I shifted the seamline at the bottom up by about 1.5" and trimmed off about 0.5" around the edges, tapering to nothing before getting to the bottom of the curve. Now the brim is much more reasonably sized - big, but not enormous. It felt a bit too ridiculous before, even more ridiculous than the fashion plates.

Now I've got it cut out and wired and the buckram structure assembled and used [livejournal.com profile] mandie_rw's scheme of using miscellaneous bits for the binding over the wires.

Mid-1830's Bonnet Form - Front

Mid-1830's Bonnet Form - Side

I started putting the flannel on last night but didn't finish because I took time out to make a shawl for my daughter. It was good to get the fabric for the shawl out of my stash.

Profile

atherleisure: (Default)
atherleisure

July 2017

S M T W T F S
       1
2345678
91011 12131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Jul. 22nd, 2017 04:42 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios